The Paddocks Riding Centre is a truly fabulous equestrian facility located high in the Dublin Mountains and covers an area of approximately 3,000 acres overlooking Dublin City. We are a family run horse riding centre with stables and facilities to house a large number of horses. Why not get away from the busy city life and enjoy some riding lessons, a one or two hour exciting walkout through the Dublin mountains enjoying the amazing views and beautiful scenery. For a special day out, why not hold your birthday party at The Paddocks (for kids or adults) followed by BBQ or party. Join us for a work event or even a friend's hen party.
See our events page for details.
We are a family run riding centre with lovingly cared-for horses. Today, we have 45 stables with all the facilities and fully qualified staff to match, resulting in a very friendly and organised riding facility.
We are located near to the village of Stepaside and only minutes from the M50 motorway. We offer lessons from beginner standards to competition level for both adults and children. We also cater for adults and children who don't own their own horses as we provide transport, tuition and supervision to hunts, showjumping events, pony club, cross-country and organised groups for fun days out into the countryside. We specialise in birthday parties for children and adult, plus beach trekking.
"Pure, unbridled thrills ....the stable yard exudes a sense of calm order.... once their lesson is over they return to the yard for lunch before going on their afternoon ride-out – the most exciting part of their day.... by the end of the week they can’t get enough of it."
The Paddocks Riding Centre
COVID19 - Information and update
Lessons and trekking are proceeding as normal at the Paddocks for the time being as is our St Patrick's Day home showjumping competition.
There will be trekking available during the week and on weekends as normal.
In order to reduce the risk of infection we have taken a number of precautions. We would appreciate you assistance in following these guidelines.
Measures at The Paddocks
1) If you are presenting with symptoms or have been in contact with someone known to have COVID 19 we politely ask that you refrain from visiting the Paddocks for the next 14 days.
2) The box room will not be available for patrons to congregate.
3) Please avoid congregating in the tack room or other indoor spaces.
4) In accordance with HSE guidelines please minimise physical contact and where possible keep a distance of 2 meter between you and other visitors to the Paddocks.
5) Please pay attention to hand hygiene and be extra diligent in washing your hands.
6) If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into a tissue or where this is not possible cover your mouth with your elbow.
For further advice please visit https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html
These measures will remain in place until 29th March or until further notice.
We remind patrons that you are attending the Paddocks Riding Centre of your own free will. Whilst we are taking extra precautions to avoid the spread of COVID19 through the above measures, we are unable to offer any guarantee as to your personal safety from infection. Warning - you are at increased risk of infection through socialising and being in contact with other people.